Gears of War Fanon (Gears Fanon for short) is a small community of fanficcers and roleplayers that aims to have fun expanding the universe of the Gears of War series. We abide by a few simple courtesy policies and allow NCF so long as it is disclaimed. Currently, we host 527 fanon articles.
Unlike other wikis, Gears Fanon discourages editing preexisting content apart from roleplays and community projects. Instead, we ask that you contribute new content of your own. This can seem like a daunting task, but scroll down for some help and ideas!
We hope you have fun and help our community grow!
Where to Start
- If creating a full-blown fanfiction seems overwhelming...
- Check out That Other Wiki for background information and all things canonical.
- Visit the Beginner's Guides to get tips and advice.
- Create a character or two.
- Join an RP in a small role.
- Pitch an idea or ask for community feedback in the forum.
- Help out with a community project.
- Read other users' work for inspiration!
- Don't forget...
- Vote in the poll! It's easy, often silly, and helps our Administrators assess the community's size and interests.
- You can upload images for any articles you create.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates.
- If you are new to wikis in general, you can check out the tutorial, and see Help:Contents.
- Please tell your friends! We'd like to see this place grow!
Poll of the Moment
That Other Wiki
- 12 February 2011
- After 15 months of dwindling activity, Gears Fanon is initiating Operation: RENOVATION! Rozh, along with any willing helpers, will not only be revamping the skin to cope with Oasis, but he will also be reviving the site as a whole!
- 19 September 2009
- The site now accepts two alternate canons. Please see Gears of War Fanon:About for these changes.
- 12 September 2009
Please suggest and vote for articles for our Fanon of the Month, Quote of the Month, and Image of the Month, because otherwise the admins will have to start picking them, and that's not fun.FOTM, QOTM, and IOTM are currently suspended. If you are interested in reviving these, let us know!
- 6 September 2009
- Site reorganization completed. Please re-save your articles to make sure the templates and categories are responding properly.